If you would like to help contribute to the forum by buying credits to improve the forum, go click on the donate sign to help out.
Discord

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A-Z music artists
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 pm by Mazal

» New Profile Categories! *Click for the Reveal*
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 am by Mazal

» Happy New Year 2019
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:53 am by ami

» Vedic/Sidereal vs Tropical Astrology
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 am by Mazal

» Favorite 'O' Name?
Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:20 pm by Hazza

» ▷ Buttery Basil Pull-apart Bread ◁
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm by Aspen Heights Fan

» Aᴿᴵᴬᴺᴬ Gᴿᴬᴺᴰᴱ
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 pm by Aspen Heights Fan

» Favorite International Name Starting With N?
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:28 pm by Savanah

» ATEEZ debut w/ 'Pirate King' !
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:08 pm by ami

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm
Read our rules here!

Top posting users this week

Ribbons

Protected by CopyScape
Protected by Copyscape
Affiliates
Statistics
We have 588 registered users
The newest registered user is Heartache

Our users have posted a total of 289206 messages in 5199 subjects

Vedic/Sidereal vs Tropical Astrology

Go down

Vedic/Sidereal vs Tropical Astrology

Post by Mazal on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 am

Hey everyone!

With all this astrology talk, I wanted to share some interesting information with you guys!

Most of us have only heard of tropical astrology. It's the system in which each zodiac sign has 30 degrees. However, what many don't know is that this system was invented to make zodiac calculation easier, but it doesn't actually correspond to the constellations. 

So you might be a Taurus (like me) but could have actually been born under the Pisces or Aries constellation. Crazy, right??

Vedic, or sidereal astrology, on the other hand, takes this into consideration. It's the Indian version of astrology, but hasn't been as accepted in the western world given its complexity. However, it's often viewed as the more accurate form of astrology. 

To find out your Vedic chart, click the link below:
http://masteringthezodiac.com/sidereal-birth-chart-calculator/

The findings are astounding!

In tropical astrology, I'm a Taurus sun, Aquarius moon, Cancer ascendant and my opposite sign is Libra (would normally be Scorpio but my half-birthday is on the cusp and falls right before Scorpio season -- proof of how the Tropical system isn't entirely accurate). 

But in sidereal astrology, I'm a Pisces sun, Capricorn moon, Gemini ascendant and my opposite sign is Virgo. How crazy is it that my sun is over two signs away! Now, normally it'll only be one sign away, but since I was born on the first day of Taurus season and the Aries constellation is shorter than most. This is because it's based on the actual size of the constellation, not just the easier every 30 degrees. (For ex: Virgo is the largest and longest lasting constellation, so Virgo season is nearly double the size of some of the other signs.) This system also includes Ophiuchus, the 13th zodiac sign that is not included in the Tropical system because of its unevenness. 

Anyways, I found this pretty interesting and thought you guys might too!

So what system do you follow (if any)? Or has this inspired you to change systems? Let me know! <3

Maybe research some of the traits of the signs you fall under in both systems and decide for yourself which fits you best!

Also, please share the differences in your chart! I'd love to hear about it!

Mazal
Admin Johanika
Admin Johanika

Reputation 9
Posts 18631
Tickets 14326
Zodiac : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac : Tiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down