If you would like to help contribute to the forum by buying credits to improve the forum, go click on the donate sign to help out.
Discord

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What fits my personality?
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Stormi

» What are you listening to? ♫
Yesterday at 1:49 am by Hazza

» Need some opinions! (:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 pm by Stormi

» What are you wearing?
Fri May 18, 2018 4:48 pm by Hazza

» What's On Your Playlist?
Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am by Ash

» FT's Discord Server
Fri May 04, 2018 5:41 pm by Hazza

» BTS Announces First Dates And Locations For World Tour
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm by Hazza

» Ribbon wall - CLICK! - [UPDATE: 4/21 NEW RIBBONS ADDED!]
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:36 pm by Savanah

» STAFF LIST AS OF 1/31/15
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 am by Hazza

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm
Read our rules here!

Top posting users this week

Ribbons

Affiliates
Protected by CopyScape
Protected by Copyscape
Statistics
We have 587 registered users
The newest registered user is kendall

Our users have posted a total of 288714 messages in 5169 subjects

What would you tell your younger self?

Go down

What would you tell your younger self?

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 am

I see this question come up from time to time and I've always thought it was interesting. If you were able to go back in time and talk to your younger self, what would you tell them?

I would probably tell my younger self to take more risks and step outside of your comfort zone more often, be kinder to people because you don't know what people are struggling with and there is enough cruelty in the world already, and that you're loved even if you can't always feel it. <3

Back to top Go down

Re: What would you tell your younger self?

Post by Stormi on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:56 am

Oooo gosh this is a good question.

I think I would tell myself not to invest too much into certain people. It's great to have friends and family and just people in general to lean on, but at the end of the day, sometimes the only person that you can rely on and trust is yourself. 

In the past, I've allowed friends, boys, you name it, to manipulate me because I looked up to them, wanted their friendship, or wanted them to like me back. And with this, I've learned that before you can find happiness from others, you must find happiness within yourself. 

I definitely wish I had more confidence growing up and was able to live by the rules I just provided, but we all make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes actually prove more valuable than if you had obided by the lesson in the first place. (:

Admin Rosemary
Admin Rosemary

Reputation 9
Posts 18527
Tickets 14202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:20 am

I'd tell myself to have more confidence and to take risks more. I've been shy my whole life and I'm sure I'd have more friends if I knew how to approach people. I was always more worried about what people thought of me or if I would do something embarrassing so I never did anything outside of my comfort zone (although I'm still the same way).

gabby
Graphic Artist Gabby
Graphic Artist Gabby

Reputation 16
Posts 8905
Tickets 4419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:15 am

I'd probably tell my yourself to be more care-free and relaxed. I've always cared about people's opinions of me and I'd have been much happier if I'd just ignored those people and did my own thing. 

I'd also probably warn myself of being used/hurt by certain people. 

I don't know on anything else I'd tell my younger self tbh lol. I'd rather go through all the stuff I've been through bc that's what has made me the person I am today. There's a number of mistakes I've made but nothing I really regret. Razz
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Just to literally not care what other people think about me and don't try to fit in or change myself for anyone and that life will go on and everything turns out okay in the end and some people just ain't worth the tears/worrying about.
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 966
Tickets 1699

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 am

I would tell myself to not worry too much about others. For as long as I can remember, I've always let other people influence how I thought or acted. I care about what people think of me, and that's my biggest problem. I need to be able to let go and just be me because half of these people I've let influence me for so long I'll never see again. So moving forward I want to change that and if someone likes me then they actually like me for me, not who I'm trying to be.
Savannah
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 83
Tickets 93
View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down